Modere MeetUps – October 2020
October 17 - October 18
We’re putting the “social” in Social Marketers with yet another Modere Meetup weekend!
Modere Meetups are local events hosted by Social Marketers, for Social Marketers. Guests are welcome to attend. Meetups are a new way to put your business back into your hands and help you find corporate support wherever you live. This is a prime way to connect with other local Modere enthusiasts, learn business-building strategies and spend time with like-minded entrepreneurs. The options are endless: a Modere Meetup can be a small gathering in your home or a huge regional event at a stadium. Your meeting can focus on anything from product trainings to motivational speaking to business tips and tricks.
With customization options and attendance incentives, your Modere Meetup will have official corporate support with a regional twist. This way, you can meet other Social Marketers in your area to address your specific interests and have local support.
Whether you plan to attend a meetup near you or host your own, here’s everything you need to know about Modere Meetups.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To register your meetup with Modere, complete the host registration form here. For questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide the following information to complete your registration:
- Host(s) name(s)
- Host phone and email
- Venue address and phone number
- How your attendees will register for your event (registration link, etc.)
- Exact date and time of when you’re planning to host the event
- PROOF OF ATTENDANCE LIST (PDF, spreadsheet, image of reg list, etc.)
The attendee registration method is at the host’s discretion. Modere recommends that Meetup hosts use whatever method they prefer to register and charge their guests. Any legitimate manual or digital system is acceptable, including free services like EventBrite or TicketLeap. Please note, if you create a Facebook event for your Modere Meetup, your registration link must be visible in order to receive exposure on the Modere Events page. Meetups registered without an attendee registration link, date and/or time will NOT be posted to the Modere Events page.
Any Social Marketer can be a Meetup host. There is no rank or title requirement.
Modere will host a list of all registered meetups after February 11. You can find this list by going to events.shiftingretail.com and clicking on the “Meetup” tab at the top. The list will be updated every Monday, Wednesday and Friday following February 11, when registration opens.
If there is not a registered Modere Meetup near you, consider hosting your own. There is no rank or attendee requirement to host a meetup.
Meetup hosts are responsible for identifying the venue for their meetup. There is no venue requirement for hosting a meetup. Meetups can be in small, intimate settings like a private home with a few friends, or larger venues such as a hotel ballroom. Hosts are responsible for choosing a venue as well as for any costs associated with the venue, including rental space, A/V rental, etc. To help cover these costs, hosts can elect to charge an admission price of their choosing for their event.
Attendee registration fees are at the discretion of the host.
All Modere Meetup hosts will receive a “Digital Meeting in a Box”. Modere will email a link to all registered hosts three days before their event that includes:
- “How to Host your Meetup” document
- Customizable presentation template, in both PowerPoint and Adobe formats
- Corporate meeting content video – This pre-recorded video produced by Modere will provide most of the training content for your meetup.
- Other incentives will be based the number of registered attendees for a meetup and the date by which the host submits proof of their registrants to Modere
These materials will be sent via a dropbox link to the email you provide when you sign up to host a Modere Meetup.
The equipment needed to host a meetup includes:
- A way to access and utilize the digital materials provided by Modere, including:
- Internet access
- A storage device on which to download the content (such as a computer, thumb/USB drive, etc.)
- A way to customize your presentation (PowerPoint or Adobe applications)
- A way to connect content to a screen/television
- A screen or television
- Other equipment may be necessary depending on the size of the event (microphone, sampling supplies, etc.). Hosts are responsible for costs associated with any equipment or supplies you choose to use for your event.
Different Meetup incentives are offered based on verified attendee registration lists and the date by which the lists are submitted.
Meetup hosts must submit legitimate and verifiable proof of their registrants when they register to host through the Google form. Many of these incentives are time-sensitive, so it is strongly suggested that you send in your registrant list as soon as possible. To be eligible for any incentives, legitimate proof of registrants must be received via email at email@example.com by no later than Sunday, February 23 at 11:59 PM MST to allow time for incentive items to ship prior to your event.
All guests will receive incentives at the qualified level. Host incentives will be split evenly between all registered hosts.
All 75 guests would receive the incentives at the 50 level. The host incentive would be at the 50 level. All finalized attendee lists must be received by Sunday, Febraury 23 at 11:59 PM MST to allow time for incentive items to ship prior to your event.